Raft for the Cure Event Details
Join the Moab Adventure Center on the Colorado River to help raise
money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the fight against breast
When: Saturday, June 29, 2013
Where: Moab Adventure Center, Moab, UT
What: River rafting, Live Music, PARTY!
The Moab Adventure Center is proud to host the annual "Raft for the Cure", a benefit event you won't soon forget. In support of prevention and treatment of breast cancer around the world, all donations and fundraising will be given directly to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Salt Lake City.
Trip Details and Pricing
Participants can choose to take part in a fun-filled day on the Colorado River down the scenic stretch near Moab, UT.
- 2013 Raft for the Cure T-Shirt- We get a new shirt and new design every year, so it will be a surprise when you arrive!
- Raft for the Cure Memory Wrist Bands » Participants get a custom "raft for the cure" rubber memory wristband.
- Full-day Rafting » Raft down the Colorado River on paddle boats with your group. The trip is a mild rafting trip (Class I - III rapids) with plenty of opportunity to swim, play and relax.
- Lunch at Red Cliffs Lodge » We stop at the beautiful Red Cliffs Lodge for a deluxe buffet lunch, or catered bag-lunch on a covered patio overlooking the river.
- Transportation to and from the Moab Adventure Center » We take care of all transportation to and from the Moab Adventure Center.
- Dinner & Entertainment» Join us in Swanny Park (see map below) for a great way to cap off the day with dinner and great live music in the park!
- LIVE concert » As always, there will be great Live music to fill the night with celebration of life and loved ones.
Maps & Directions
Moab Adventure Center is located at 225 S Main Street. Participants will register the night before for assigned departure times the next morning. Meet your bus at the Moab Adventure Center on the morning of the event. Parking is limited at the MAC, please park nearby or walk from your hotel or campground. Swanny Park is just a 2 minute drive from the Moab Adventure Center. From there, go north one block to 100 South, Turn left, Follow the curved road west and north until you arrive at West Park Drive. Contact the Moab Adventure Center directly with any questions. 866-902-5810
View MAC to Swanny in a larger map
Rafting - Frequently Asked Questions
I have never been rafting before. Is that okay?
YES!! This specific rafting event is meant for everyone. The trips have mild rapids (Class I and II) and are ideal for all ages and skill levels. Because of the mild nature of this stretch of the river, you will have the opportunity to have a scenic float, get out and swim, and completely relax. The guides are very knowledgeable and take all the necessary precautions to ensure a safe and fun trip.
What age levels are appropriate
The minimum age for the day rafting trips is 5 years old. Anyone older than 5 years old is welcome on the trip.
What should I bring?
Each trip already includes everything you need (gear, raft, equipment, guides, transportation). The temperature will be hot, so it is recommended that you dress prepared for summer heat. You will have the opportunity to swim if you desire. Typically the best attire is short-sleeve T-shirt with shorts and swim suit underneath.
- Wear sport shoes/sandals that can get wet
- Bring sunscreen
- Bring a hat, visor and/or sunglasses
- Extra bottle of water
Where Should I Stay and for How Long?
Lodging and travel options are up to you. Moab has dozens of places to stay or camp. You can pitch a tent, park your RV, stay at a hotel, settle in at a B & B, or reserve a sumptuous suite at an upscale hotel or guest ranch. During the summer, the town gets quite busy, particularly during one of Moab’s many summertime events, so it’s best to plan ahead.
Because the event starts early on Saturday morning, and ends late that night, most participants will at least stay in Moab the night before and after the event (Friday and Saturday nights). Many participants will add additional nights and try a Hummer Safari or National Park Tour. Find a complete list of hotels, motels, ranches, condos and campgrounds moab lodging page.